Meeting Minutes

Supervisor Meeting Minutes – April 20, 2021

The Morris Township Board of Supervisors held their regular meeting at the Municipal Building. Attending were Supervisors Doug Smith, Rob Sanders and Dave Dietrich, Zoning Officer Bob Sanders, Greg Dunn, Mike Klick, Marissa King, Dave & Laura Watt, Karen Shaw, Magisterial Candidate Dan Stanek, Randy Hamilton, Tim Hamilton, Aileen Smith, Magisterial Candidate John Brunner, Sam Bartolotto.

Meeting called to order at 7:30

Motion by Smith to accept minutes from the April 6 meeting as written. Second by Sanders.  All agreed.

Magisterial District Judge Candidates Dan Stanek and John Brunner made introductions and answered questions.

Road Master report was read.  Short discussion on Range road repair that is pending.

Monument moving was discussed.  Insurance certificate was received by D Moore and Son with Morris Twp listed as additional insured and extra coverage by HA Thompson was added so that we are sure to have coverage for the move.

Discussion on the Solicitor’s opinion on the Strawn Impoundment. 

Smith explained the filing of the FCC complaint about internet access.

Motion made by Smith that he file the complaint as a representative of the township.  Second by Dietrich. All agreed.

Smith spoke to Clear Fiber and is waiting for more information about their service.  He also spoke to Diana Irey Vaughan about funds available for expanding internet service.

Smith also spoke to West Penn Power about the process of getting power to the poles for Christmas decorations.   He will get more info on that.

Mike Klick had a subdivision request that had previously been presented to the Planning Commission. 

The Planning Commission recommends approval.  Klick answered a few questions about his intentions for the property.  Smith looked over the survey and made a motion to approve.  Second by Dietrich.  All agreed. 

The second issue heard by the Planning Commission was the Consol request, which will be heard at a conditional use hearing on June 15.

Township Clean up day will be Saturday, May 1st.

Randy Hamilton had a complaint about Jim Watson’s excavating business having equipment parked on the side of 221.  He said there was a sign there and a building put in. Discussion on zoning and allowable structures.  Marissa remembers a conversation with Kathy about this a long time ago.  Doug will get some info from Watson.

Motion by Smith to review and pay bills, second by Sanders, all agreed.

Meeting adjourned at 8:28